A few years ago we published this article, based on a video we found both fascinating and spot on. We’d like to pay homage to that video now and to the important points that it talked about.
The original article – and the video that inspired it – laid out 15 clear steps:
- Start with a Smile
- Be Civil and Respectful
- Treat Customers with Empathy and Understanding
- Respond Promptly and Accurately
- Be Reliable
- Make Information Accessible
- Be the Expert
- Explain the Process
- Anticipate Customer Needs
- Look for ways to get to ‘Yes’
- Ensure every Encounter goes Well
- Own up to your Mistakes with humility
- Make Relationships Matter
- Follow Up
- Strive for Great Customer Service at all levels
We’ve consolidated these steps into 5 clear ways to improve customer service, to provide a quick guide for all frontliners looking to make a difference.
How to Improve Customer Satisfaction?
I think we can all appreciate that customer satisfaction is directly derived from the quality of service being delivered. Customers are the heart and soul of a business, and making sure we’re moving with the times to get them what they want in the ways they want it is hard enough without setting down some guidelines to help customer-facing staff get the most out of the time they have with consumers. Great customer service experiences need to be crafted with care and attention, and we should all be looking for new ways to improve customer service at every opportunity.